| HRTM PRACTICUM AND INTERNSHIPS OBJECTIVES
HRTM 290 Practicum and Seminar is designed to provide students with practical work experience in the hospitality and/or tourism industry. Experiences gained by the student should provide for a more meaningful educational experience. HRTM 290 will also give students the opportunity to decide whether they have made the right academic and career choice. After completing the HRTM 290 Practicum and Seminar, students should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to successfully secure a job that is qualified for this course
- Effective interpersonal skills and professional appearance
- Appropriate workplace attitude
- Appropriate job skills
- Effective relationships with co-workers and guests
HRTM 495 Hospitality and Tourism Internship prepares students for employment upon graduation by allowing them to develop job knowledge and professional behaviors appropriate for managerial positions in the hospitality/ tourism industry. The primary objectives are to provide students with the ability to:
Successfully secured a job that is qualified for this work experience course.
- Practice management skills utilizing the concepts and theories developed during the educational experience.
- Apply concepts presented in previous HRTM coursework in the work environment
- Analyze key operational issues at that site and have experience in solving work-related problems
- Formulate recommendations to solve work-related problems.
For More Information:
If you would like to know more about the HRTM School's practicum and internship program, as a student or prospective employer, please contact:
School of Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management
University of South Carolina
Carolina Coliseum, 1005-E
Columbia, SC 29208
803-777-2685 O / 803-777-1224 F
| Columbia, SC 29208 • 803-777-4290 • Webmaster
||© University of South Carolina Board of Trustees